Chill and dice the unsalted butter. Beat the eggs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180ºC, fan 160ºC.
- 2 To make the pastry, put the flour, sugar and ground almonds into the bowl of a food processor.
- 3 Pulse once to combine then add the butter and pulse a few times until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- 4 Add the egg, pulse a few times more until it comes together.
- 5 Turn onto a lightly floured surface, pat into a rectangle, wrap in cling film and chill while you prepare the filling.
- 6 Cut the plums and peaches into wedges then put into the pie dish with the sugar, vanilla, cornflour and juice or amaretto.
- 7 Stir well to combine.
- 8 Set aside.
- 9 Roll out the pastry to a large rectangle a few mm thick on a piece of parchment, place this on a baking tray and return to the fridge for about 15 minutes to make it easier to handle.
- 10 Cut the pastry into long strips about 2cm wide.
- 11 Brush the edges of the dish with a little milk.
- 12 Take two of the strips and press around the edges of the dish.
- 13 This will give you a rim so you can attach the rest of the pastry.
- 14 If the strips don't quite go all the way round, just patch up with an extra piece.
- 15 Use the rest of the strips to make a lattice over the top of the filling, when you have completed it, go all around the edges with your fingers, pressing and pinching to attach the strips to the pastry rim and to make a decorative edge.
- 16 Brush lightly with milk, scatter on the flaked almonds and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden.
- 17 If the edges brown before the middle does, protect them with strips of foil and continue baking.
Looking forward to make this with my kids
As my pie was ready for oven it already smelled DELICIOUS! All my family enjoyed! Definitely going to make it again! Thanks for brilliant recipe!
- Average per serving
- Calories 714.0kCal