Peel, core and slice the h pineapple into 7 rings per cake. Soften the butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 In a bowl, beat 50g of the butter and 50g of the caster sugar per cake being made and spread over the bottom of a 22cm round cake tin for each cake.
- 3 Arrange the pineapple on top of the butter mixture.
- 4 Beat together the remaining softened butter and caster sugar until pale and fluffy.
- 5 Gradually beat in the eggs, then sift in the flour, baking powder and add almonds
- 6 Spoon the mixture over the pineapple and bake for 35-40 minutes, until risen and firm to the touch.