Slice the leeks. Finely zest the oranges. Beat the eggs. Remove the rind from the smoked streaky bacon and chop the bacon. Clean and slice the chestnut mushrooms. Chop the fresh chive. Defrost the frozen ready-made puff pastry.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Heat the oil in a large saucepan and cook the bacon for 2 minutes.
- 3 Add the leek and mushrooms, and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms have softened.
- 4 Add the meat and cook for 1 minute.
- 5 Sprinkle over the flour and cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 6 Stir in the stock, bay leaf and orange zest, and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer gently for 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 7 Stir in the herbs and season. Spoon the mixture into a deep pie dish.
- 8 Roll out the pastry and cover the top of the pie dish, pressing down around the edges. Trim the excess pastry, and cut into shapes to decorate.
- 9 Brush with the egg and bake for 35-40 minutes until golden.