Cut the butter into pieces. Break the milk chocolate into pieces. Halve, pit and peel the Peruvian Hass avocados.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan oven 160°C, Gas Mark 4.
- 2 Grease and line a rectangular baking tin measuring approximately 25cm x 20cm.
- 3 Melt the chocolate and butter together in a large heatproof bowl positioned over a saucepan of gently simmering water, ensuring the bottom of the bowl doesn't touch the water.
- 4 Meanwhile, mash the Peruvian Hass avocado to a smooth puree using a fork.
- 5 Whisk the eggs and sugar together for 2-3 minutes until light and airy, then add the Peruvian Hass avocado puree and whisk again until smooth.
- 6 Add the melted chocolate to the egg mixture to and stir until combined.
- 7 Add the flour and salt to the melted chocolate mixture, stirring gently until combined.
- 8 Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 25 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- 9 Cool, then cut into the appropriate amount of pieces for you to share.
Made these this evening. We're lovely altho do feel the middle were a little gooey. Hoping once left they will solidify but tasty all the same!
I love brownies
Great recipe. The brownies were moist and had a good consistency. 10/10
Jessica Lucy Tresadern
What a lovely recipe! I had been wanting to try baking with avocados for a while so I gave this a go. Really simple to make and they taste gorgeous. The texture is moist and almost bouncy, really unique. The only issue is that I did have to cook the brownie for about 10 minutes longer than the recipe stated. Apart from that, I have found a new firm favourite!
I used dark chocolate as I was worried they'd be too sweet otherwise. While the brownies were definitely light and moist, I feel that something is missing flavour-wise. If I made them again, I'd probably add something - I'm just not sure what yet.
Amazing recipe but did have to cook for 10 minutes more.
Nice moist brownies, but I ended up cooking them for 10 minutes more than stated. Next time I might try half dark chocolate.
Fabulous brownies so moist and tasty !
This recipe doesn't tell you went to add the sugar egg and has combo to the chocolate and flour.
#cool brownies I think brownies are the best thing EVER