Peel, core and chop the pears. Chill and dice the butter.
- 1 Combine the pears with the light brown sugar and half the chocolate chips, and put in a large ovenproof dish.
- 2 For the topping, put the flour, granulated sugar and butter in a food processor, and pulse until just combined. (If you don’t have a food processor, rub together the ingredients with your fingertips to mix.)
- 3 Stir the remaining chocolate chips into the topping, then sprinkle it over the pear mixture and press down lightly.
- 4 You can make the crumble ahead to this stage if you wish, then chill until ready to bake.
- 5 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/ gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 6 Place the dish on a baking tray and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden and bubbling.
- 7 Serve hot, with ice cream.
Easy to make flavours work well definitely for those with a sweet tooth
Absolutely gorgeous. Indulgent and gooey. Will definitely be cooking it again!
Easy to make and a beautiful treat on a cold day.
Lovely - gooey treat. Perfect winter pudding for people with a sweet tooth. Really simple to make.
Easy and tasty but make note crumble than recipe states
Very lovely dessert. Minimal effort to assemble. I lessened the amount of sugar as with the chocolate as well it is quite sweet. Served with hot custard as an alternative to ice cream.
Easy to make and a real crowd pleaser
Super scrumptious. Next time would probably use less sugar as is very sweet (even for a sugar lover like me!) maybe use a high % cocoa chocolate to counteract the richness
Tasty and moreish. I halved the sugar and used 90% cocoa chocolate following advice from other reviewers. High calories but still went back for seconds.
Amazing. Always a great combination of pear and chocolate. It is rather sweet with the current sugar amounts, will look to lessen it next time. But still love how easy it is to create and cook.
A delicious quick to make dessert. Very sweet though. Will definitely make it again, but would probably use a tiny fraction of the sugar in the filling next time
Nom nom v.tasty! It was v.sweet tho so will add less sugar next time .
- Average per serving
- Calories 490.0kCal