Drain the chickpeas. Finely slice the onions. Crush the garlic clove. Peel and finely chop the thumb ginger. Finely slice the chili. Toast the flaked almonds.
- 1 While you are making the curry, cook the brown rice in a saucepan with boiling water
- 2 With a large knife, cut the cauliflower head into quarters, remove the stem and separate the florets.
- 3 Cook the florets in boiling salted water for four-five minutes and drain
- 4 Chop off the coriander stems and finely slice
- 5 Set aside the leaves for later.
- 6 Heat the oil in a large pan over a lower heat and cook the coriander stems, onions, ginger, chili and garlic until soft
- 7 Add a tablespoon of water if the pan is getting quite dry
- 8 Season with salt and pepper
- 9 Stir in the spices and cook for a couple of minutes followed by the tomato puree
- 10 Add the coconut milk and peanut butter gradually, mixing everything together well.
- 11 Add the cauliflower, chickpeas and vegetable stock.
- 12 Stir and season
- 13 Simmer for 10-15 minutes
- 14 Transfer to serving bowls, top with coriander leaves, toasted almonds, lime and a side of brown rice.
Really tasty recipe. Loved it and so easy to do.