Drain the chickpeas. Finely slice the onions. Crush the garlic clove. Peel and finely chop the thumb ginger. Finely slice the chili. Toast the flaked almonds.
- 1 While you are making the curry, cook the brown rice in a saucepan with boiling water
- 2 With a large knife, cut the cauliflower head into quarters, remove the stem and separate the florets.
- 3 Cook the florets in boiling salted water for four-five minutes and drain
- 4 Chop off the coriander stems and finely slice
- 5 Set aside the leaves for later.
- 6 Heat the oil in a large pan over a lower heat and cook the coriander stems, onions, ginger, chili and garlic until soft
- 7 Add a tablespoon of water if the pan is getting quite dry
- 8 Season with salt and pepper
- 9 Stir in the spices and cook for a couple of minutes followed by the tomato puree
- 10 Add the coconut milk and peanut butter gradually, mixing everything together well.
- 11 Add the cauliflower, chickpeas and vegetable stock.
- 12 Stir and season
- 13 Simmer for 10-15 minutes
- 14 Transfer to serving bowls, top with coriander leaves, toasted almonds, lime and a side of brown rice.
Yum! Even tasted good cold for lunch the next day.
Loved this. Easy to make and tasty. Will try with lower fat coconut milk next time. Great combination of flavours.
Easy to make, lots of wholesome ingredients. I switched to 1/2 fat coconut milk, coconut oil and used peanut butter which was 100% peanuts so I didn't find this sweet in the slightest but others may experience this using different brands. Plenty of lime juice adds zing and almonds for crunch, didn't bother with the rice.
Not sure at all - weird combination of total sweetness with coconut and peanut butter and then cauliflower - doesn't work for me
Delicious! For those watching their calorie intake, use low fat coconut milk. I also cut the peanut butter down to 30g for 2 portions. Used coriander seeds & cumin seeds rather than ground because they were in my store cupboard. Easy to make, my husband loved it, will definitely do again.
Really tasty recipe. Loved it and so easy to do.
- Average per serving
- Calories 700.0kCal