Slice the onions. Finely chop the garlic clove. Beat the eggs. Chop the fresh mint.
- 1 Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until tender. Drain, refresh under cold running water, then thickly slice.
- 2 Cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
- 3 Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a 28cm ovenproof frying pan and add the onion. Cook over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened and golden.
- 4 Add the garlic and cook for a further minute, then spoon the mixture into a large bowl and leave to cool.
- 5 Add the eggs, peas, potatoes and mint to the bowl, and season.
- 6 Wipe the pan with kitchen paper, add the remaining oil and place it over a medium heat until hot, then carefully pour in the egg mixture.
- 7 Push the potatoes around in the pan to even them out, then cook for 4-5 minutes. The tortilla should be almost set.
- 8 Place the pan under a hot grill until the tortilla is golden and set.
- 9 Garnish with mint leaves, cut into wedges and serve with salad.
Tasty. Would use a little less potato next time. Needs plenty seasoning.
Pretty good! Some changes to the recipe: add an egg and slice the potatoe thinner. 🙂
Nicest pie I've ever eaten!
- Average per serving
- Calories 342.0kCal