Very finely chop the onions. Finely chop the red chillis. Chop the parsley. Half or quarter if large the new potatoes.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200C.
- 2 Put a roasting tray with 2 tbsps olive oil into the oven, and heat up for 5 mins.
- 3 Remove the tray, add the potatoes and carefully toss in the hot oil until evenly coated (use a large spoon for this).
- 4 Bake for about 35-40 minutes, or until cooked through and golden crisp, tossing occasionally.
- 5 Meanwhile, make the meatball sauce.
- 6 Heat up 1 tbsp oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 7 Add the chopped onion and chilli, and cook until the onions are soft and translucent.
- 8 Add the tomatoes, water, sugar, salt and 1 tsp of the smoked paprika, and combine.
- 9 Bring the mix to the boil, and then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins (or until it has thickened).
- 10 While that is cooking, heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in another frying pan.
- 11 Add the meatballs, and cook until browned all over.
- 12 Add the meatballs to the sauce mix, and cook altogether for a further 5 mins.
- 13 Remove from heat and keep warm (or turn heat right down to low) until ready to serve.
- 14 Take the potatoes out of the oven and sprinkle with salt to season.
- 15 Add 1 tsp smoked paprika, and gently toss to coat evenly.
- 16 Spread the meatball sauce onto a serving plate, then scatter the potatoes over the top.
- 17 Sprinkle chopped parsley over the top, and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice.
- 18 Finally, add some dollops of garlic mayo or aioli. Serve immediately.
Lovely dish, made it twice now and really enjoyed it. Reminds us of a similar dish we enjoyed in South America! Followed the recipe to a T and comes out perfect. Second time we used normal potatoes rather than new potatoes and while it tasted great still it's definitely better using the correct type