Crush the garlic cloves. Trim, wash and slice the medium leeks. peel and slice the parsnip as thinly as possible. Remove the rind and dice the Pié d’Angloys cheese.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Place the parsnips in a bowl of cold water for 10 minutes. Drain well, then pat dry thoroughly with kitchen paper.
- 3 Heat half the butter in a frying pan and fry the leeks for 3 minutes until tender. Set aside.
- 4 Use a little of the remaining butter to grease a baking dish.
- 5 Heat the cream and milk in a small saucepan, along with the garlic, until almost boiling, then set aside.
- 6 Layer up the parsnips, leeks and cheese in the baking dish, seasoning between each layer.
- 7 Pour over the cream and milk mixture and dot with the remaining butter. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- 8 Remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes until tender and golden.
This was easy to make with easily sourced ingredients. I served it with pancetta wrapped chicken, green beans and carrots - absolutely delicious!
- Average per serving
- Calories 489.0kCal