Finely slice the onions. Peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese (or vegetarian hard cheese). Melt the butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/250°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Place the potato, onions, half of the Parmesan, butter and thyme leaves in a bowl, season and toss to combine.
- 3 Transfer to an ovenproof dish, arranging the top layer of potatoes and onions fairly neatly.
- 4 Scatter over the remaining Parmesan.
- 5 Cover the dish with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- 6 Remove the foil and bake for a further 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through.
It was very nice but took to long to cook as the thin sliced potatoes were still a bit hard maybe I used the wrong type of potatoes I used Morris piper.
This is so easy to make and totally delicious.... We all loved it...
Really delicious the Thyme compliments the dish.
Delicious!!! Made this dish loads of times, really easy to put together and the result is always fantastic. Great alternative to roast potatoes or potato gratin? Well done M&S
Simply amazing and really easy to do. Makes everyone happy!