Zest and juice 1 of the lemons, and cut the other into wedges. Crush the garlic cloves. Beat the eggs. Grate the Parmesan cheese. Drain and rinse the capers. Chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Pat the sole dry with kitchen paper.
- 2 Put the flour and beaten eggs on separate plates.
- 3 Mix together the Parmesan and breadcrumbs on another plate.
- 4 Dip each piece of sole first in the flour, shaking off the excess, then in the egg and, finally, coat well in the breadcrumb mixture.
- 5 Heat half of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add half of the fish. Cook for 3-4 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove with a fish slice and drain on kitchen paper.
- 6 Add half of the remaining oil to the pan, and repeat with the remaining fish. Keep warm.
- 7 To make the dressing, heat the remaining oil in a small saucepan with the butter until foaming.
- 8 Remove from the heat and whisk in the crushed garlic, lemon zest and juice, capers and chopped parsley.
- 9 Spoon the dressing over the sole and serve with chips and lemon wedges to squeeze over.
- Average per serving
- Calories 375.0kCal