Finely slice the garlic cloves. Finely chop the red onions. Chop the flat-leaf parsley. Zest and juice the lemons. Dice the M&S Select Farms San Marzano tomatoes.
And the rest...
- 1 Cut the larger potatoes into 3 pieces and the smaller potatoes in half.
- 2 Boil the potatoes in salted water for about 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, then crush lightly with a fork.
- 3 Heat 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium heat. Fry the garlic for 30 seconds, then add the red onion, season with salt and pepper and cook gently for a few minutes to soften the onion.
- 4 Add the diced San Marzano tomatoes and cook for another few minutes before adding the crushed potatoes and parsley. Season again with salt and pepper, add the lemon zest with a squeeze of its juice, and toss everything together. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 5 Meanwhile, pat each trout fillet dry with kitchen paper and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Heat 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the fish skin-side down for about 4-5 minute until the skin is golden and crisp, and then flip the fish and fry for another 2-3 or until cooked. Remove from the heat.
- 7 Divide the potato and tomato mix between four serving plates and top each with a piece. of fish and garnish with a wedge. of lemon.
- 8 Serve with young spinach, either cooked per pack instructions or raw dressed with a little olive oil if you prefer.