Grate and juice the lemons. Chop the fresh dill.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Cut the fennel into quarters and remove the tough core.
- 3 Cut each quarter in half again and arrange in a shallow roasting tin.
- 4 Drizzle over the half the oil, the wine, lemon zest and juice, and season.
- 5 Roast for 40 minutes, or until the fennel is just tender.
- 6 Meanwhile, cook the peas in boiling salted water for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
- 7 Drain well and stir through the fennel mixture, along with the pesto.
- 8 Heat the remaining oil in a large, non-stick frying pan and add the scallops.
- 9 Cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until just cooked through.
- 10 Divide the fennel and peas among four serving plates and arrange the scallops on top.
- 11 Scatter over the dill and serve.
Great dish, although I didn’t halve the amount of lemon for 2 people so was quite bitter wups. Will be making this again
Not sure what I did wrong here. Changed recipe to suit two people. Fennel was really bitter, too much lemon juice? Wasn't for us 😞
Very nice but the scallops took longer to cook than expected (around 3 minutes each side).
- Average per serving
- Calories 271.0kCal