Grate the fresh ginger. Zest and juice the oranges. Chop the coriander leaves.
- 1 Place the whole carrots, honey, butter, ginger, orange zest and juice in a saucepan so they fit snugly, season with salt and pepper, and stir gently to combine.
- 2 Add enough water to just cover the contents.
- 3 Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the carrots are tender and most of the liquid has reduced.
- 4 Transfer the carrots to a serving dish and toss gently with the chopped coriander.
- 5 A delicious accompaniment to go with grilled pork chops.
This takes much longer for the carrots to cook - I found 30 mins rather than 15. Also the recipe does not state whether the lid should be on or off. I left the lid on, but then had to boil to reduce the sauce. Having said that, I agree a delicious accompaniment to a plain pork chop and the vary-colours are great on the plate. I used parsley as I don't like coriander and it worked well. Ginger and orange lovely combo.