Reserve 2 to segment as a garnish and slice in half 4 of the clementines.
- 1 Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Line a 2lb loaf tin.
- 3 Make the cake according to the back of pack instructions.
- 4 Pour the batter into the lined loaf tin. Bake in the oven for 25 – 30 mins until golden brown and cooked through.
- 5 Leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins before removing to cool on a wire rack.
- 6 Meanwhile, make the clementine purée.
- 7 Heat the water and sugar in a pan on a medium heat, until the sugar is dissolved.
- 8 Add the 4 halved clementines and simmer gently for up to 1 hour, until they are soft.
- 9 Remove the clementines from the sugar syrup and blitz them with a hand blender or food processor.
- 10 Tip: You can use the leftover sugar syrup in cocktails/mocktails or pour a little onto the orange and poppy seed cake as it cools for extra flavour.
- 11 Toast the almonds in a small dry pan for 5 mins on a low heat, until lightly toasted.
- 12 Transfer from the pan and leave to cool. Heat the olive oil in the same pan on a medium-high heat.
- 13 Once hot, add the clementines with the honey and cook until lightly caramelised, approx. 4 mins.
- 14 Serve the cake in slices, with a scoop of coconut yogurt and clementine purée.
- 15 Scatter the almonds and segmented clementines on top.
- Average per serving
- Calories 658.0kCal