Slice the red onions. Deseed and chop the red peppers into bite-size pieces. Crush the garlic cloves. Drain and rinse the tinned butterbeans. Roughly chop the fresh parsley.
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large flameproof casserole or saucepan. Fry the chicken legs in batches over a high heat for 5 minutes, turning, until crisp and golden then transfer to a plate.
- 2 Add the onion and pepper and gently cook for 5-6 minutes, until beginning to soften.
- 3 Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 4 Stir in the chilli flakes and paprika, then add the chicken and turn to coat in the spices.
- 5 Stir in the pasta sauce, wine vinegar and stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for 25 minutes.
- 6 Add the butter beans and simmer gently for a further 5-10 minutes, until the sauce has reduced and the chicken is cooked through.
- 7 Check the seasoning, scatter with the chopped parsley and serve with crusty white bread.
Great! Really tasty.
Gorgeous recipe, very tasty and filling.
Really good flavours and a nice new way for us to eat chicken! Thank you
Excellent recipe, we all love it! Very easy but gives the impression of hours of preparation and cooking.
All the family love this - we enjoy ours with rice - and it's now a regular dish on our menu!
I made this for supper and it was delicious! The butter beans made it really filling and we both enjoyed it. Using quinoa instead of white bread worked well, and we replaced the peppers with leaks. Would recommend to anyone!
This is one of the best recipes I have ever come across, have been cooking it for ages and everyone loves it. I finish mine off in the oven for an hour or so and serve with Spanish style potatoes.
Fabulous. Easy to cook, full flavour and everyone loved it.
Simple recipe & full of flavour. Some things can be prepped in advance, such as onion and pepper making this a speedy during the week type of dish.
Very tasty. My children love the food. We eat it with the rice.