Cut into equal size chunks the new potatoes. Roughly dice the courgettes. Finely slice the Sweetheart cabbages. Defrost the frozen peas.
And the rest...
- 1 Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 15 minutes, until tender when poked with a knife. Drain, return to the pan and mash. You could add a knob of butter here, if you like.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the courgette and cabbage, season with a pinch of salt and pepper, and cook for about 5 minutes, until lightly caramelised.
- 3 Add the spinach, stir, then cover with a lid for a minute until it is wilted, then stir in the peas.
- 4 Turn down the heat to medium and add the mashed potato. Mix thoroughly, then compress the mixture with a wooden spoon to flatten into a cake.
- 5 Fry for about 5 minutes until the base is golden. Cover the pan with a plate and flip over, then slide the hash back into the pan with the uncooked side on the heat. Cook for a further 5 minutes, or until golden.
- 6 Meanwhile, over a medium-low heat, poach the eggs for 5 minutes in a pan of simmering water.
- 7 Cut the hash into quarters and serve topped with a poached egg and your choice of sauce.