- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6
- 2 Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
- 3 Sift together the flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt
- 4 In a separate bowl, beat the sugar and eggs for 2-3 minutes, using an electric mixer at high speed
- 5 Reduce the speed to medium, then add the olive oil, milk and lemon zest, and mix
- 6 Set the mixer speed to low and add the dry ingredients, being careful not to over-mix
- 7 Pour the batter into the cake tin and scatter with half the grapes.
- 8 Bake for 15 minutes, then scatter over the remaining grapes and bake for another 20-25 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean
- 9 Cool on a wire rack.
- 10 Serve with crème fraîche.
Tried this out and took some to work - everyone really liked it... Easy to do, but took longer in my fan oven than the recipe states. Will do this again.