Crush the garlic cloves. Thickly slice the Portobello mushrooms. Thickly slice the brown cap mushrooms. Grate the Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Heat half the oil in a non-stick frying pan. Cook the mushrooms for 5-6 minutes until browned. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper.
- 2 Wash the pan and return to the heat.
- 3 Pour in the remaining oil and add the garlic. Reserve a few thyme leaves and add the rest to the pan. Cook gently for 1 minute or so until the garlic is softened but not browned.
- 4 Add the sherry and bubble for 1 minute.
- 5 Pour in the cream. Season and simmer for 2 minutes.
- 6 Stir the mushrooms into the cream mixture and heat through gently for 1 minute. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 7 Meanwhile, pour a drop of oil in a large pan of boiling salted water. Blanch the lasagne sheets for 30-60 seconds, depending on taste, then drain well.
- 8 Cut the sheets in half and place one half on each serving plate.
- 9 Top with a spoonful of the mushroom mixture and scatter over a little Parmesan.
- 10 Repeat the layers twice more, finishing with a layer of mushrooms.
- 11 Scatter over some Parmesan and the remaining thyme leaves to serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 735.0kCal