Deseed the red chillis. Juice the lemons. Roughly dice the onions. Roughly dice the celery sticks. Roughly dice the carrots. Roughly dice the plum tomatoes. Dice into 2cm chunks the sweet potatoes. From 1.5 stock cubes make the fish stock. Slice in half the sea bream fillets. Half some of the pitted black olives.
- 1 To make the chermoula, whizz all the ingredients with a pinch of salt in a small blender, or use a pestle and mortar, to make a smooth paste.
- 2 For the stew, heat the olive oil in a wide-based saucepan or deep frying pan, then add the onion, celery and carrot.
- 3 Gently cook for 10 minutes, so that they start to soften.
- 4 Add 2 tbsp of chermoula and the tomatoes, and cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the sweet potato and fish stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, so that all the vegetables are soft.
- 5 Add the sea bream fillets and cook for a further 5 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through.
- 6 Remove the fish from the pan and keep warm.
- 7 Finish the sauce by stirring in the black olives and 2 tbsp of chermoula, to give an amazing gloss and beautiful fresh flavour.
- 8 Divide the sauce between warmed bowls, top with the fish and any remaining chermoula.
- 9 Serve with steamed couscous or rice
How can it possibly be 40g of fat?! There’s no fat in the dish what’s so ever! Madness
Really easy to make and proper scrummy. Used sea bass rather than bream and was as tasty. Also added some courgette. Will definitely cook this again
Delicious recipe I love the combination of coriander, lemon ,olives and the sweet potato really takes on the flavours. I would suggest skinning the tomatoes and I didn't need couscous or rice.
Really great flavours, I didn't use coriander to make the chermoula but replaced this with parsley. Still tasted great! Fish stock was hard to find so I made my own with the fish bones from the sea bass.
It's amazing! Really filled me up without any sides of rice or Cous cous and I only used half a chilli instead of a whole one for 2 people and it was very very good!
- Average per serving
- Calories 708.0kCal