For oiling, use extra of the olive oil. Mince the garlic cloves. Finely chop the onions. In 2 tbsps of boiling water dissolve the saffron.
- 1 Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat.
- 2 Add the meatballs and fry briefly on all sides until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- 3 Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 4 Add an extra splash of oil to the pan, if needed, then add the chopped onions and garlic, and fry gently for 6-7 minutes until the onions go soft and start to caramelise.
- 5 Then add the spices, saffron water, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, apricots and cinnamon stick, and mix to combine.
- 6 Season with salt and pepper.
- 7 Bring the mix to a boil, then reduce the heat and carefully add the meatballs.
- 8 Simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened nicely.
- 9 Transfer to a dish and serve hot; great with couscous.
Absolutely gorgeous so easy to make
Great recipe. Simple and tasty.
Easy to make and very tasty!
- Average per serving
- Calories 137.0kCal