For oiling, use extra of the olive oil. Mince the garlic cloves. Finely chop the onions. In 2 tbsps of boiling water dissolve the saffron.
- 1 Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large, deep saucepan over medium heat.
- 2 Add the meatballs and fry briefly on all sides until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes).
- 3 Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel-lined plate.
- 4 Add an extra splash of oil to the pan, if needed, then add the chopped onions and garlic, and fry gently for 6-7 minutes until the onions go soft and start to caramelise.
- 5 Then add the spices, saffron water, chopped tomatoes, chicken stock, apricots and cinnamon stick, and mix to combine.
- 6 Season with salt and pepper.
- 7 Bring the mix to a boil, then reduce the heat and carefully add the meatballs.
- 8 Simmer for 20 mins, stirring occasionally, or until the sauce has reduced and thickened nicely.
- 9 Transfer to a dish and serve hot; great with couscous.
Easy to make and very tasty!
Great recipe. Simple and tasty.
Absolutely gorgeous so easy to make
Easy to make and tasty. Works just as well baking meatballs and adding sauce and finishing off in oven. I'll go for a slightly spicier punch the next time.
- Average per serving
- Calories 137.0kCal