Thick cuts are best the cod loin fillets. Thinly slice the cucumber. Halve the green beans.
- 1 Prepare the miso marinade
- 2 Place all the marinade ingredients (except the cod) in a glass or plastic (non-reactive) dish, and mix well.
- 3 Pat the pieces of fish dry with paper towel, then add to the marinade and coat well.
- 4 Cover, and leave in the fridge to marinade for at least 2 hours, but preferably overnight.
- 5 Prepare the cucumber
- 6 Place the cucumber slices in a bowl and add salt.
- 7 Toss to coat, and set aside for 10 minutes.
- 8 Rinse under cold water to get rid of the salt, and drain well.
- 9 Transfer to a bowl, and dress with the mirin and rice vinegar.
- 10 Refrigerate until ready to serve (you can make this a day ahead).
- 11 Prepare the meal
- 12 Preheat oven to 230C.
- 13 Cook sushi rice according to pack instructions.
- 14 While it is cooking, prepare the beans and fish.
- 15 Transfer the cod fillets to a lined baking tray, spooning an extra tbsp of marinade over each fillet.
- 16 Bake for 10–15 minutes, depending on the thickness of your ﬁsh, then remove from the oven.
- 17 (The fish should be cooked through, and slightly caramelised / charred on the outside.)
- 18 To prepare the beans, heat up one tbsp sesame oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan.
- 19 Add the green beans and chilli flakes, and stir fry for 3-4 mins (or until the beans just begin to soften).
- 20 Assemble the dish
- 21 Split the sushi rice evenly between four bowls, and top each with a fish fillet.
- 22 Add a spoonful of green beans, and some pickled cucumber.
- 23 Serve immediately.