Grate the marzipan. Quarter the fresh figs. Zest the oranges.
- 1 Preheat the oven to 400F /200C/Fan 190 /Gas 6. Roll out 2/3rds of the pastry and use to line a 20cm loose bottom round cake tin.
- 2 Prick the base with a fork and line with baking parchment and baking beans.
- 3 Bake blind for 15 minutes then remove the beans and paper.
- 4 Reduce the oven temperature to 350F/180C/Fan 170/Gas 4.
- 5 Meanwhile, mix together the mincemeat with the liqueur and marzipan (optional).
- 6 Spoon into the part cooked pastry case.
- 7 Roll out the remaining pastry and cut into thin long strips, arrange over the top in a lattice pattern, pressing down the edges, brush with a little milk to glaze and return to the oven for 20 to 25 minutes until pastry lattice is cooked and golden.
- 8 Remove from the oven allow to cool for 30 minutes then carefully remove from the tin onto a serving plate or board.
- 9 Arrange quartered figs on top, 40dust with icing sugar and scatter with curls of orange zest.