Juice the lemons. Slice the tomatoes. Half and slice the cucumber. Finely slice the Medjool dates. Some leaves reserved to garnish the fresh mint. Crumble the feta cheese.
- 1 Mix 1 tbsp Middle Eastern rub with 2 tbsp olive oil, and rub over the lamb.
- 2 Leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 3 Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas
- 4 Put the lamb in a roasting tin and pour in 300ml water.
- 5 Cover tightly with foil and roast for 3 hours, topping up the water if necessary.
- 6 Remove the foil and cook for a further 40 minutes.
- 7 Remove from the oven.
- 8 Put the meat on a board to rest, leaving the sauce in the roasting tin.
- 9 Mix together the remaining oil and lemon juice to make the salad dressing.
- 10 Arrange the tomatoes, cucumber and dates on a platter with the herbs, feta and pomegranate seeds, as shown; drizzle with the dressing.
- 11 Or toss the salad ingredients in the dressing and scatter over the feta.
- 12 Pull the lamb into chunks and toss in the spiced liquid in the roasting tin.
- 13 Top the flatbreads with the lamb, sprinkle with Middle Eastern dust from the tin, and serve with a dollop of tzatziki and the salad.
- 14 To make the flatbreads shown, find the recipe on the Cook With M&S app.
I prepared this for a dinner party, Easy to make. Put together quickly and absolutely delicious. Served with a nice white wine. Would definitely do again.
Tad bland but could be the way I cooked it. Lamb was delicious it felt healthy too.
- Average per serving
- Calories 864.0kCal