Peel, deseed and cut the Galia melons into chunks. Juice the lemons.
- 1 Put the sugar in a small pan with the water and stir over a gentle heat until dissolved.
- 2 Add the ginger, then boil for 5 minutes.
- 3 Remove from the heat and set aside to cool, then remove the ginger from the syrup and discard.
- 4 Put the melon in a good processor and whizz to a purée. Transfer to a freezer container with a lid.
- 5 Stir in the sugar syrup, vodka and lemon juice, mixing well. Put the lid on and place in the freezer for 2-3 hours, until it starts to freeze around the edges.
- 6 Beat the mixture with a fork to break up the ice crystals, then return to the freezer for another 2 hours.
- 7 Beat the mixture again and return to the freezer until completely frozen.
- 8 Transfer the granita to the fridge for 20 minutes before serving in glasses or bowls.
From reading the recipe, I would say one melon.
Disappointing that the recipe hasn't been corrected, as requested months ago! I too would like to try this.
Hi, I'd love to try making this but I can't see how many Galia melons are required for it - could you check and help please as I'm hoping to make it for New Years Eve!
- Average per serving
- Calories 125.0kCal