Zest and juice the oranges. Peel, deseed and thinly slice the Charentais melons.
- 1 In a small saucepan, bring the sugar and 100ml water to boil.
- 2 Simmer until sugar has dissolved. Cool and stir in the orange juice and Muscat.
- 3 Put the melon in a dish and pour over the liquid.
- 4 Cover and infuse for a few hours. Strain, reserving the liquid.
- 5 Mix the mascarpone and zest (reserve some to garnish).
- 6 Whip the cream and fold in with 3 tbsp of liquid. Chill.
- 7 Bring remaining liquid to boil, simmer until syrupy. Set aside.
- 8 Fill the pastry case with the mascarpone, then fan over the melon.
- 9 Brush with the syrup, scatter over some zest and serve chilled.