Season the cod fillets. Thinly slice the onions. Deseed and slice lengthways the red peppers. Thinly slice lengthways the fennel bulbs. Chop or crush the garlic cloves. Chop the fresh parsley.
And the rest...
- 1 Preheat oven to 200C.
- 2 Pour 4 tbsps olive oil into a medium baking dish. Spread the peppers, onions, fennel, garlic and thyme sprigs evenly across the dish, along with half the cherry tomatoes.
- 3 Scatter oregano over the top, and season with salt and pepper.
- 4 Place in the oven (on a middle shelf) and cook for 40-45 mins, or until the vegetables soften and start to char – turning and mixing the vegetables a couple of times through cooking.
- 5 Take the dish out of the oven. Place the seasoned cod fillets and the rest of the cherry tomatoes on top of the vegetables.
- 6 Sprinkle a little olive oil across the top and return tray to the oven for a further 12-15 mins – or until the cod is cooked through.
- 7 Remove from the oven and top with chopped parsley, and a generous squeeze of lemon. Serve immediately, with fresh salad or crusty bread.