Use a jam of your choice if preferred in place of the raspberry jam. Zest and juice the unwaxed lemons. Sift the plain flour. Melt 1 tbsp for greasing and soften what remains of the unsalted butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Generously brush the inside of a 23cm bundt tin with the melted butter, getting right into the corners.
- 3 Dust the tin with flour and shake out the excess.
- 4 Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until very pale and fluffy (about 5 mins).
- 5 Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- 6 Stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice and the yogurt, then 2 tbsp flour to loosen the mixture.
- 7 Gently fold in the rest of the flour, the baking powder and salt.
- 8 Put half the batter in the tin.
- 9 Spoon the jam on top, then cover with the remaining batter.
- 10 Bake for 50-60 mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 11 Leave to cool for 10 mins.
- 12 Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the icing sugar with the limoncello – add a touch of lemon juice for an extra citrus tang, if liked.
- 13 Pour over the cake and top with the lemon zest.
- Average per serving
- Calories 355.0kCal