Use a jam of your choice if preferred in place of the raspberry jam. Zest and juice the unwaxed lemons. Sift the plain flour. Melt 1 tbsp for greasing and soften what remains of the unsalted butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Generously brush the inside of a 23cm bundt tin with the melted butter, getting right into the corners.
- 3 Dust the tin with flour and shake out the excess.
- 4 Beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until very pale and fluffy (about 5 mins).
- 5 Whisk in the eggs, one at a time.
- 6 Stir in 1 tbsp lemon juice and the yogurt, then 2 tbsp flour to loosen the mixture.
- 7 Gently fold in the rest of the flour, the baking powder and salt.
- 8 Put half the batter in the tin.
- 9 Spoon the jam on top, then cover with the remaining batter.
- 10 Bake for 50-60 mins, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- 11 Leave to cool for 10 mins.
- 12 Meanwhile, in a bowl mix the icing sugar with the limoncello – add a touch of lemon juice for an extra citrus tang, if liked.
- 13 Pour over the cake and top with the lemon zest.
A lovely moist cake! Might try adding lemon zest to the sponge next time. Will definitely make again! Thank you
Really easy to make, very moist and delicious!
Brilliant recipe, plus all of the ingredients can be found in M&S
- Average per serving
- Calories 355.0kCal