Zest and juice the lemons. Peeled and cut the Maris Piper potatoes. Cut the carrots into 2cm chunks. Cut the parsnips into 2cm chunks. Cook according to packet instructions the kale.
And the rest...
- 1 Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6.
- 2 Lie the chicken on a board, breast side down, use a pair of sharp scissors and cut along each side of the back bone and removing it in one piece. Flip the chicken over breast side up, use the heel of your hands to press the chicken and flatten it (you will hear a crack).
- 3 Mix together the juice of a lemon, zest of half the lemon, salt, pepper, 2 tsp dried thyme and 2 tsp olive oil. Coat the chicken in the marinade and set aside while you prepare the veg.
- 4 The mix together the wholegrain mustard, honey and 1 tsp olive oil. Add the veg to a roasting tray and coat in the honey mustard dressing.
- 5 Place the chicken on top and place in the oven for 90 minutes, checking every half hour to baste the chicken in the juices and turn the veg. Serve up with gravy and kale.