Zest 1, juice all the lemons. Remove the skin from the Simply M&S British chicken breast fillet. Chop the garlic cloves. Cut into small, bite-sized florets the Simply M&S broccoli. For griddling, you will need a little more of the olive oil. Including the green tops, trim and slice the Simply M&S salad onions.
And the rest...
- 1 Put the bulgur wheat in a heatproof bowl with half the lemon zest. Season.
- 2 Pour over 360ml boiling water, cover with clingfilm and soak for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, put the chicken in a bowl with 2 tbsp lemon juice, the remaining zest and the garlic.
- 3 Season and set aside to marinate.
- 4 Put a large pan of water on to boil.
- 5 Remove the outer leaves from the cabbage, then cut out and discard the core.
- 6 Shred the leaves and set aside.
- 7 Wipe a non-stick griddle pan with oil, and heat.
- 8 Put the chicken on the hot griddle and cook for 6-8 minutes on each side, until charred and cooked through.
- 9 Remove from the pan and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- 10 Meanwhile, cook the broccoli and cabbage in the boiling water for 2-3 minutes, then drain.
- 11 Drain off any excess water from the bulgur wheat, and fluff up the grains with a fork.
- 12 Whisk together the olive oil, yogurt and 2 tbsp lemon juice, then stir through the bulgur wheat.
- 13 Add the salad onions, broccoli and cabbage.
- 14 Taste, and add more lemon juice if desired.
- 15 Divide the bulgur wheat and chicken among 4 plates, and serve.
And the rest...
Absolutely delicious and so summery... Quick and easy, prepared everything in advance, swapped bulgar wheat for cous cous and used creme fraiche instead of natural yogurt! Will definitely be making again 😋
Just made this for lunch. My son said it looked "very healthy" aka too green and boring but then proceeded to scoff the lot.
Easy & simple to make and tasty