Trim the fat from the pork loin steaks. Beat the eggs. Grate the Parmesan cheese. Zest the lemons.
- 1 Put a pork steak between two sheets of baking parchment and bash with a rolling pin, until it’s about 1cm thick.
- 2 Repeat with the remaining pork steaks.
- 3 Put the flour on a large plate and season.
- 4 Beat the egg in a separate large, shallow dish.
- 5 Pour the breadcrumbs into another large, shallow dish, and stir in the Parmesan cheese and lemon zest.
- 6 Dust each pork steak with the flour, then dip in the egg, allowing any excess to drip off.
- 7 Coat well in the breadcrumbs, then transfer to a baking sheet and chill for 10 minutes.
- 8 Heat the sunflower oil in a large, non-stick frying pan.
- 9 Fry the schnitzels – in 2 batches, if necessary – for 4-5 minutes each side, until golden and cooked through.
- 10 Drain on a kitchen towel.
- 11 Garnish with lemon wedges and serve with dressed salad leaves.
Absolute winner of a meal! A bit of preparation needed but very easy to make. Will definitely be cooking this again.
Very straightforward and quick tasty midweek meal.