Trim and wash the medium leeks. Beat the eggs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Slice the leeks lengthways and place in a roasting tin. Add the garlic, thyme, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; season. Roast for 20 minutes.
- 2 Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a 36cm x 28cm rectangle and place on a baking sheet. Reserve a little of the beaten egg for brushing, then beat the rest into the mascarpone.
- 3 Squeeze the flesh from the roasted garlic and stir into the mascarpone. Season to taste.
- 4 Spread the mascarpone mix over the pastry, leaving a 5cm border around the edge. Arrange the leeks on top and fold the pastry up around the edges.
- 5 Brush the pastry with the reserved egg and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
Really delicious! Added more garlic because we love it in this house! Would recommend using more mascarpone, I did it for 2 and it was 87gr of it and would probably use double next time! I did it with a rocket salad which went really well. Will definitely be making it again!