Juice the lemons. Dice the cucumber. Dice the red onions. Cut the salad tomatoes into 1cm pieces. Chop the fresh coriander. Crush the garlic cloves. finely zest one-third of the unwaxed lemons, and cut the remainder into wedges.
For the Salad
For the Kofta
And the rest...
- 1 Place the couscous in a large bowl and pour over the hot stock. Stir and cover with a plate or cling film and leave for 5 minutes, until the stock has been absorbed.
- 2 For the kofta, put the minced lamb in a bowl and mix together with the spices, garlic and lemon zest.
- 3 Season and divide the mixture into 2-3 balls per serving and thread onto long metal skewers.
- 4 Lightly squeeze the meat around the skewers to create sausage shapes.
- 5 Run a fork through the couscous to separate the grains. Mix in the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, oil, lemon juice and coriander.
- 6 Heat a frying pan or griddle. Brush the kofta lightly with oil and cook for 3-4 minutes each side, turning when needed.
- 7 Mix together the Greek yogurt and mint, and serve with the kofta, couscous salad and the lemon wedges.
I've gone with meatballs instead as the meat won't stay on the skewers but it still tastes great. It takes me forever to cook though!
Also made meatballs as would not stay on. Apart from that very nice and will make again.
Like other reviewers I didn't bother with the skewers and just made meatballs. I was generous with the spices and added dried chilli flakes for some kick. Overall quick easy tasty meal