Finely slice the onions. Halve lengthways, deseed and thinly slice the red peppers. Halve lengthways, deseed and thinly slice the yellow peppers. Finely slice the garlic cloves. Chop the kale.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large pan and add the sliced onion and peppers. Stir everything together, then add 1 tbsp water and turn the heat down low.
- 2 Cover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring every now and then. Add a drizzle more water if the pan looks dry during this stage.
- 3 Brown the sausages in a separate pan. Stir the garlic into the peppers and cook for 1 minute. Add the sausages to the pepper mixture, along with the wine, hot stock, herbs and vinegar and continue to cook, covered for a further 15 minutes.
- 4 Preheat the grill. Rub the kale with oil and season well. Spread out on a baking sheet and grill until the edges are starting to crisp up.
- 5 Divide the sausages and stew among four bowls, top with the kale and serve.
This recipe is v labour intensive. I needed two frying pans a grill and a hot plate for accompaniments. It tasted all right but I won't be making it again. Didn't see point of grilling kale! New one to me. Would prefer it boiled with v little water, butter and pepper. And sausages are better grilled not boiled. Sorry!
This dish was so tasty & easy to make. Will be making again. The crispy kale is a great idea, tasty & can be used on other dishes too . Thanks M&S
Really tasty, and we loved the crispy Kale - I added a little Parmesan while grilling it which was really nice. Definitely more liquid than was necessary though.
- Average per serving
- Calories 426.0kCal