- 1 Lightly crush the meringues and set aside.
- 2 In a bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the lemon curd and the blueberries.
- 3 Fold in the crushed meringues. Spoon into a 900g loaf tin (one for every 8 servings) lined and over-hanging with cling film.
- 4 Open-freeze until firm then fold the overhang of cling film over, wrap again and freeze until ready to serve.
- 5 Alternatively, spoon into some ramekin dishes, cover tightly with cling film and freeze.
- 6 Transfer the frozen loaf to the fridge 30 minutes before slicing. The ramekins are best left to stand at room temperature 10 minutes or so before spooning into.
Very nice and easy to make.
Our friend made this , and it was beautiful. I will definitely be making it to impress friends!
A Real Favorite
I have made this numerous times for family and friends and it never disappoints. I have switched the blueberries for raspberries on occasion as an alternative! Simple but brilliant recipe :)
This tangy recipe was so quick to prepare, I made them in individual ramekins & my guests were very impressed.
Easiest way to make what appears to guests as very impressive homemade ice cream- can whip cream and add any flavours of your choice, e.g. Stir through a couple of tablespoons of M&S strawberry mousse mix, dark chocolate chips & crushed meringues. Crumbled Cinder toffee pieces stirred through is another great option.
Lovely recipe but nicer with raspberries. Use frozen ones to save pennies