- 1 Lightly crush the meringues and set aside.
- 2 In a bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the lemon curd and the blueberries.
- 3 Fold in the crushed meringues. Spoon into a 900g loaf tin (one for every 8 servings) lined and over-hanging with cling film.
- 4 Open-freeze until firm then fold the overhang of cling film over, wrap again and freeze until ready to serve.
- 5 Alternatively, spoon into some ramekin dishes, cover tightly with cling film and freeze.
- 6 Transfer the frozen loaf to the fridge 30 minutes before slicing. The ramekins are best left to stand at room temperature 10 minutes or so before spooning into.
A Real Favorite
I have made this numerous times for family and friends and it never disappoints. I have switched the blueberries for raspberries on occasion as an alternative! Simple but brilliant recipe :)
This tangy recipe was so quick to prepare, I made them in individual ramekins & my guests were very impressed.
Easiest way to make what appears to guests as very impressive homemade ice cream- can whip cream and add any flavours of your choice, e.g. Stir through a couple of tablespoons of M&S strawberry mousse mix, dark chocolate chips & crushed meringues. Crumbled Cinder toffee pieces stirred through is another great option.
Lovely recipe but nicer with raspberries. Use frozen ones to save pennies