Finely chop the fresh sage leaves. Finely chop the leaves of the fresh rosemary.
- 1 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Spray a medium roasting tin with olive oil spray and add the sausages. Cook in the oven for 10 minutes or until they start to brown. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 3 Meanwhile, put the flour, mustard, sage and rosemary in a large bowl and make a well in the centre.
- 4 Break the eggs into the well and mix in using an electric whisk.
- 5 Continue to whisk and gradually add the milk until you have a smooth batter. Season generously, transfer to a jug and set aside.
- 6 Remove the roasting tin from the oven and quickly but carefully pour the batter around the sausages.
- 7 Return to the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until the batter is puffed up and golden.
This was a really easy dish to make and the fresh herbs made it much tastier than the traditional recipe. I really like the addition of mustard to the batter.
A really good and easy toad in the hole! Recommend it!!
A little strange consistency but family enjoyed it.
Didn't do the healthy version(!) but it works nevertheless very well with normal sausages/ semi skimmed milk. Really enjoyed by the whole family .
Very tasty and so much healthier than a normal toad in the hole and very easy to make
Loved this. Super easy to make
The herbs make it a bit more special than the usual Toad in the Hole. Easy to make and a great family meal.
Very tasty & very easy 2 make. All the family enjoyed it.
Good tasty recipe... Can't quite beat the full fat version but definitely an enjoyable meal!
- Average per serving
- Calories 350.0kCal