Trim and slice the medium leeks. Cut the broccoli into small florets and finely chop the stalk. Chop the fresh dill. Defrost then chill the frozen all-butter shortcrust pastry. Grate the reduced-fat mature Cheddar cheese.
- 1 Put the haddock and salmon in a large saucepan with the bay leaf and milk. Cover and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and poach for 5 minutes; set aside to cool. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 2 Meanwhile, cook the leeks and broccoli in boiling water for 3 minutes; drain and set aside to steam dry.
- 3 Lift the fish out of the saucepan, transfer to a plate and flake into bite-sized pieces.
- 4 Strain and reserve the milk.
- 5 Put the leeks and broccoli into a pie dish and add the cooked fish and prawns. Scatter over the capers.
- 6 Melt the spread in a small saucepan, add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 7 Remove from the heat and gradually stir in the wine until smooth, then whisk in the reserved milk.
- 8 Bring to a boil and bubble for 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 9 Season to taste, then stir in the soft cheese and dill. Pour over the pie filling and leave to cool.
- 10 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 11 Grate the pastry and sprinkle it over the filling, followed by the cheese.
- 12 Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Delicious everyone loved it. Pastry topping was ingenious for my low carb guests. I put some boiled eggs in too as no fish pie is complete without eggs
Fantastic, my partner said it was the best fish pie she had eaten!