Zest the lemons. Chop the soft pitted dates.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Soak the dates in the boiling water and move on to the next step.
- 3 Spread 1 side of each slice of bread with the olive spread and cut each into 4 triangles.
- 4 Add the lemon zest to the dates and stir to combine, slightly squishing the dates.
- 5 Scatter half the mixture over the base of a large ovenproof dish, layer with half the bread slices, then repeat.
- 6 In a jug, whisk together the milk, sugar and eggs, and pour over the bread.
- 7 Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar.
- 8 Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until golden and crunchy.
Tried this recipe also for the first time today, beautiful really yummy,you can taste the toffee taste,had this with ice cream lovely 😋