Finely slice the leeks. Defrost the frozen peas. Tear the cooked ham into chunks. Chop the fresh tarragon. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the leeks and cook gently for 10-12 minutes until softened.
- 2 Stir in the paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 3 Stir in the rice to coat, then cook for a further 2 minutes, stirring continuously.
- 4 Pour in the white wine and stir over a medium heat until absorbed.
- 5 Gradually add the stock, a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
- 6 Once all the stock has been absorbed (this should take at least 15 minutes and the rice should be tender but still have a slight bite), season to taste.
- 7 Add the peas, ham, tarragon and Parmesan and mix well. Serve immediately with extra cheese, if you like.
This has become a firm favourite in our household! Such a tasty dish. I also add some mushrooms. Highly recommend it.
Great Monday Meal
We made this with some left over gammon from the Sunday roast and also added in some chopped green beans. Lovely dish and easy to make!
- Average per serving
- Calories 505.0kCal