Chop the pistachios. Peel and core the pears. Zest the lemons.
- 1 In a small saucepan, combine 500ml water with the orange juice, sugar, lemon zest, maple syrup, cloves, star anise and cinnamon stick.
- 2 Bring to the boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- 3 Gently drop the pears into the poaching liquor and cook until a knife slides though the flesh easily, but the pears retain their structure.
- 4 Allow to cool, then remove the pears from the liquor and chill in the fridge.
- 5 Meanwhile, make the caramel.
- 6 In a pan, combine 150ml of the poaching liquor with the sugar and maple syrup, place over a medium heat and cook until it reaches a deep golden colour.
- 7 Gently warm the cream in the microwave, then carefully add to the caramel, stirring well to combine.
- 8 Add the sea salt and keep warm.
- 9 Melt the chocolate over a bain-marie.
- 10 Dip the pears into the chocolate at a 45° angle, gently wiping any excess from the base.
- 11 Allow to set.
- 12 To serve, spoon the caramel into four bowls, topping each with a pear and a sprinkle of pistachios.
Is there a mis-Print here? 2 cloves creamy milk or creme fraiche does not make sense. What is the correct quantity of milk or creme fraiche?