Peel, core and quarter the peas. Chop the garlic cloves. Toast the pine nut.
- 1 Heat the grill to high and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- 2 Cut the cheese into rounds, each one about the thickness of two £1 coins.
- 3 Place on the baking sheet and grill for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4 Cut each pear quarter in half.
- 5 Heat one-third of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, add the pears and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- 6 Add the remaining oil and garlic, and cook gently for 1 minute.
- 7 Pour in the sherry vinegar, and season. Allow to bubble for a few seconds before removing from the heat.
- 8 Divide the spinach and watercress among plates to serve, add the pears and cheese and drizzle with pan juices.
- 9 Scatter over the pine nuts and basil, and serve with crusty bread.
- Average per serving
- Calories 395.0kCal