Trim the fine green beans. Cut the red onions into thin wedges. Halve and stone the peaches.
- 1 Blanch the beans in boiling salted water for 2 minutes, until just tender.
- 2 Drain and refresh under cold running water; set aside.
- 3 Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Griddle the bacon slices for 2-3 minutes each side, until crisp.
- 4 Remove from the pan and leave to drain on kitchen paper.
- 5 Griddle the onion wedges for 2 minutes each side, then transfer to the plate with the bacon.
- 6 Cut each peach half into quarters.
- 7 Add to the griddle pan and cook for 1 minute each side. Remove and set aside.
- 8 Pile the salad leaves on a platter or divide among 4 serving plates.
- 9 Break each bacon rasher into 2 or 3 pieces, and arrange on top, with the beans, onions and peaches.
- 10 Scatter over the basil leaves and season with freshly ground black pepper.
- 11 Drizzle over the dressing, and serve with crusty bread and extra dressing on the side, if you like.
Delicious! Quick and easy to make! Perfect summer salad when you're short on time or wanting to impress!