Into 4 wedges cut the lemons. Juice the lemons. Grate the lemon zest. Dice the cold butter.
- 1 First make the hollandaise.
- 2 In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, orange and lemon juice, lemon zest, and some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 3 Sit the bowl over a pan of gently simmering water and add 2 or 3 pieces of butter, whisking continuously until melted.
- 4 Continue adding the remaining butter in this way, whisking until the sauce is thick and smooth.
- 5 Remove from the heat.
- 6 Heat a griddle pan until hot.
- 7 Drizzle the asparagus and lemon wedges with a little olive oil and griddle for 2-3 minutes each side, until just tender.
- 8 Season with salt and pepper, and arrange on a platter.
- 9 Drizzle with the hollandaise to serve.