Remove and retain the leaves from the flat-leaf parsley. Remove and retain the leaves from the mint. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- 1 To make the gremolata, finely chop the parsley and mint, then mix with the garlic, lemon rind and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season. Put half the mixture in a bowl, cover and chill. Rub the rest over the lamb, cover and set aside for 30 minutes.
- 2 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Put the lamb in a roasting tin and cover loosely with foil. Roast for 1 hour 40 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- 3 Transfer the lamb to a board, cover with foil and leave to rest for 15 minutes before carving.
- 4 Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the breadcrumbs. Fry until golden, then remove from the heat and stir in the reserved gremolata.
- 5 Put the roasting tin over a medium heat on the hob. Add the wine, stirring to scrape up any sediment from the bottom, and simmer for 3 minutes. Add the stock and boil until reduced by half.
- 6 Carve the lamb, scatter over the gremolata and serve with the sauce and vegetables.
Yummy flavours - however the suggested time in the oven is too long so lamb was a little over cooked after I tested it with foil on top for about 20 mins. Should have been 70 mins in the oven, 20 mins resting I'd say.
Just tried this amazing! Will make it for friends and family.
Cooked this last night and it was amazing! I changed it a little though by adding about 10 garlic cloves and the juice of a lemon and cooked it for longer at 160 degrees for 4 hours. Meat fell off the bone! Cooked it with basmati rice and poured the finished lamb stock and juices over the rice. Wow!
- Average per serving
- Calories 660.0kCal