- 1 Heat the oven to 160°C/140°C fan/gas 3.
- 2 Put the chicken in a shallow dish.
- 3 To make the glaze, mix the remaining ingredients with 50ml water.
- 4 Pour over the chicken thighs, turning to ensure they’re well coated.
- 5 Put the chicken on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 35 minutes, or until cooked through and the juices run clear, occasionally brushing with any leftover glaze to form a sticky coating.
- 6 Serve with Colourful coleslaw.
Pauline strawson .
Had this for tea tonight and it was lovely ,did marinate all day .we will definitely have it again ,I made a winter salad and baby potatoes which we had with it .
To thicken and make marinade more sticky use half to marinade chicken and put the other half in a pan and reduce it over simmering heat. Perhaps a touch more honey :-). Use that to glaze chicken. On the BBQ this recipe is even better
Lovely and very easy to do. The whole family love them and are always asking for them 😍
Having read other reviews I left the chicken in the marinade for4 hours. Too much marinade. Basted the chicken 4 or 5 times to get nicely coated and sticky. Marinade left over. Very tasty.
Keith and Philly
Easy to prep (2 novices here), tasty, delicious and all eaten! Not very 'sticky' so will try and thicken the marinade up (somehow!) and cook for a bit longer next time.
Sticky?? Certainly not when I made it! Prepared and cooked as per instructions and what was produced was a bland piece of chicken with not an ounce of 'sticky' to it! Wasted money buying M&S Brewers Paste to go in this and I doubt it will be used again. Perhaps,as another reviewer has put,it requires an overnight marinade to actually permeate the chicken,but it is not something that I would either recommend or make again.
Tasty and so easy marinaded overnight while defrosting in fridge.
Tasty marinade, goes well with sweet potato fries and coleslaw. I found cooking the thighs for longer helped built the sticky coating
A lovely light and easy recipe, we had it with Jersey Royals and salad.Marinade would be good on BBQ food.Will definitely make it again.
- Average per serving
- Calories 246.0kCal