- 1 Make the gingerbread mix according to packet instructions, wrap in cling-film then place in the fridge.
- 2 Place the boiled sweets in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin to crush.
- 3 Heat the oven to 170°C/340°F/gas 3 (150°C for fan ovens) and line baking sheets with baking paper.
- 4 Roll out half the dough (keeping the remainder in the fridge until needed) on a lightly floured surface or parchment, to a thickness of about 4mm.
- 5 Cut out shapes with a biscuit cutter and transfer to one of the lined baking sheets.
- 6 Use a smaller cutter to cut out shapes in the centre of each biscuit.
- 7 Re-roll any scraps of dough to cut out more shapes then repeat with the second half of the dough.
- 8 Place crushed sweets in the centre of each dough shape, then use a drinking straw to pierce a hole at the top (so that you will be able to attach a ribbon later).
- 9 Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until golden.
- 10 Check that the holes are still visible – if not, push the straw through again.
- 11 Leave the biscuits to cool on the tray until they harden, before gently lifting on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12 When ready to hang, loop coloured ribbons through the wholes made in each biscuit, tie, and hang on your tree.
I love it But it isn't to early to celebrate Christmas
Not tried yet but will and looks good
- Average per serving
- Calories 185.0kCal