Chop the spring onions. Deseed and chop the large red peppers. Peel and roughly chop the cucumber. Quarter the tomatoes.
- 1 Put the ripe tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave for 5 minutes, then drain.
- 2 Carefully peel off the skins, quarter and remove the seeds.
- 3 Put the tomato flesh in a food processor with two-thirds of the spring onions, half the chopped red pepper, half the garlic, the cucumber, balsamic vinegar and 50ml cold water per serving. Whizz until liquidised.
- 4 Pass the soup through a sieve, then stir 1 tbsp of the pulp from the sieve back into the soup per serving. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 5 Cut the remaining garlic in half and rub the slices of bread with the cut sides.
- 6 Drizzle both sides of the bread with a little oil and toast under a hot grill until golden.
- 7 Ladle the soup into bowls and top with the remaining red pepper, spring onions and Santini tomatoes.
- 8 Drizzle with a little oil and serve with the garlicky toasts.
- Average per serving
- Calories 120.0kCal