Chill in the freezer for 30 minutes the butter. Shred or chop the cooked gammon. Defrost the frozen peas. Chop the fresh mint. Beat the eggs.
- 1 To make the pastry, sift the flour into a bowl with a pinch of salt.
- 2 Grate the butter into the bowl and gently mix.
- 3 Stir in 6 tbsp cold water and bring the mixture together with your hands to make a firm dough.
- 4 Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- 5 Beat together the crème fraiche and cornflour.
- 6 Season with salt and pepper.
- 7 Fold in the gammon, peas and mint, then set aside.
- 8 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/Gas 5.
- 9 Divide the pastry into quarters and roll out each one to make a 15cm circle.
- 10 Divide the filling into four and pile onto one half of each each circle, leaving a border of 2cm.
- 11 Brush the edges of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- 12 Fold the pastry over the filling and press the edges with a fork to seal.
- 13 Brush the pasties with beaten egg and make a small hole in the tops to allow steam to escape.
- 14 Place on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, until golden.
- 15 To serve, cut each pasty in half.
La oh it was good😋😋😋😋😋
- Average per serving
- Calories 504.0kCal