Chop the White Chocolate with Madagascan Vanilla. Chop the 72% Dark Chocolate. Chop the dried apricots. Chop the dried cranberries. Chop the shelled pistachios.
- 1 Set aside a few tablespoons each of the nuts, cranberries and apricots to scatter onto the bark at the end.
- 2 Put three-quarters of the dark chocolate into a microwaveable bowl, heat for 20 seconds, stir, then repeat.
- 3 As the chocolate starts to melt, heat in 10-second bursts, stirring after each, until only a few small solid bits remain.
- 4 Stir in the remaining dark chocolate and heat again in 10-second bursts, until completely melted.
- 5 This is a basic method for tempering the chocolate that will help to give the finished product shine and a crisp snap.
- 6 Add half the remaining pistachios and all the remaining cranberries to the melted dark chocolate and set aside.
- 7 Repeat the process with the white chocolate.
- 8 When melted, add the remaining pistachios and dried apricots.
- 9 Take a large sheet of baking parchment (about 45 x 30cm) and lay it onto a chopping board or baking sheet that will fit into the fridge.
- 10 Alternatively use 2 smaller sheets.
- 11 Drop spoonfuls of each chocolate mixture randomly onto the paper, spreading and marbling with a spatula, until you have a large rectangle of mostly even thickness with clusters of nuts and fruit.
- 12 Scatter with the reserved fruit and nuts, and chill for at least an hour, until set and firm.
- 13 Break into shards of varying sizes and serve or divide among gift bags.
- Average per serving
- Calories 741.0kCal