Finely grate the Parmesan cheese. Slice the butter.
- 1 Cook the bacon under a hot grill until crisp, then turn the grill off and keep the bacon warm underneath.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan and cook the tomatoes over a moderately high heat, shaking the pan from time to time.
- 3 Once the skins begin to split, sprinkle over the sugar, season and continue to cook until starting to caramelise. Set aside and keep warm.
- 4 Lightly beat the eggs, cream and 1.5 tbsp of Parmesan in a shallow dish, then dip the brioche slices into the mixture, making sure that the liquid is thoroughly absorbed.
- 5 Heat a large frying pan, add the butter so that it foams up, then lay the brioche in the pan. Cook over a moderate heat for 2-3 minutes each side until puffed up and golden.
- 6 Serve topped with the crispy bacon and tomatoes, and sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan to taste.
- Average per serving
- Calories 450.0kCal